To be a Superior Business Networks member we require that you uphold the SBN Code of Excellence. This Code then becomes a selling point for your business in that it creates a quality assurance for your customers in your interaction with them. Not only that and more importantly it is also an assurance for fellow members whilst promoting your business that you uphold the same ethos towards business that they do. It is a condition of membership that all SBN members sign acceptance and commitment to this Code, after all how else can you make your business superior without superior values!
The SBN Code of Excellence
As a Superior Business Network member you must uphold and advance the honour, dignity, integrity and effectiveness of being a superior business professional. This entails, in addition to being a good citizen and acting within the law, your adherence to the following SBN values:
- The Primacy of the Public Interest
You will place the interests of the public above those of personal or business.
- The Enhancement of Quality of Life
You will strive to enhance the quality of life of those affected by your work.
You will be honest in your representation of skills, knowledge, services and products.
You will work competently and diligently for your stakeholders.
- Professional Development
You will enhance your own professional development, and that of your colleagues and staff.
You will enhance the integrity of SBN and the respect of its members for each other.
SBN Members are required, under the Code of Excellence, to act in a way which upholds the SBN Values
The Code of Excellence requires that a member must:
- act honestly and with integrity in the course of SBN membership;
- act with care and diligence in the course of SBN membership;
- when acting in the course of SBN membership, treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment;
- when acting in the course of SBN membership, comply with all applicable Australian laws;
- maintain appropriate confidentiality about dealings with fellow SBN members;
- disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with SBN membership;
- not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information or support from a fellow SBN member;
- at all times act in a way that upholds the SBN Values and the integrity and good reputation of SBN;
This Code of Excellence applies to all members regardless of their role, industry category or specific area of expertise in both dealing with fellow members, clients and any third party regardless of the nature of contact.